Eligibility guidelines for Pre 65 medical coverage:
To be eligible for medical, dental and vision coverage in retirement, you must have been hired before January 1, 2010 and meet the following criteria:
- Retire from Hallmark at or after age 50
- Have 15 vested years of service
- Have at least 10 years of full-time service (40 hours/week continuous or non-continuous; need not be immediately preceding retirement)
For spouses to be eligible for retirement benefits:
- Spouse or domestic partner can only be added to retiree coverage or waived with the retiree coverage AT THE TIME of retirement. Cannot be added at a later date unless coming off waive with retiree.
- If coverage is waived prior to age 65, retiree must come onto coverage on or before turning age 65 and spouse or domestic partner must come back onto coverage at that same time or are no longer eligible.
As of January 1, 2022, the subsidy offered through Hallmark’s pre-65 retiree medical program will be discontinued. Eligible employees will still have access to this coverage.